Tuesday, September 15, 2009

French people are crazy....

For realz.

First day of class was pretty boring, although no silly "introduce yourself...where you're from one one interesting thing..."

Not much too say about the classes themselves. One might be pretty boring, learning how to argue your point (discours et argumentation). The other one we're going to be watching clips and listening to the radio. Only two tests, each worth 50%. Woooooo! I've got one class tomorrow and after that I'm going to go watch a match du foot (Bordeaux vs Marseilles).

But what I find really, really funny is the way the people actually enrolled at the fac (the university university, not just the part for us foreign kids) get their schedules. For us, I guess it was much the same way. I showed up today not really sure where I was going or what classes I had. They hadn't 'given' schedules, so we were all pretty much clueless. When I got to the campus, I had to go look at a bulletin board with all the departments classes listed out, find my name, see what classes I had, and then find them on the schedules. No individualized schedules picked out and available online.

Leah, who wants to audit a class, had to search all through batiment B for a single bulletin board. The schedules are no where online. Just bulletin boards.

Technology is overrated though, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!