Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Fam

Today we met our host families. It zas probably one of the most nervewracking things I have done in a LONG time. Its a big deal, since I'm going to be living here for a year.....

So, here's the deal: I'm living with a family of 5 (a mom, dad, 2 daughters ages 12 et 5 (and a half she prouldly told me) and a son age 10) and their cat Choupette. I'm actuqally in the city, pretty close to centre ville, which is great! a lot of students had to stay in houses in the suburbs with long commutes. The youngest girl is very very very cute (hard to understand too) but she told me I look like her friend and she likes to hold my hand. The boy likes cycling a lot and showed me all his posters of the "great cyclists."

Tommorrow I take the place,ent test to see where I end up in classes....I,m pretty nervous. I might actually study before bed. Weird. After that, the kids in my family are part of a circus camp and are putting on a "spectacle" which I am invited to. The youngest is a tightrope walker!

My room is very cute and in the basement so I can have my own space. I,ll take some pics soon. My hosts seem really accomadating, and are even going to get WiFi soon so I can use my laptop (hopefully soon...). I,m using a french keyboard which is pretty frustrating. Things are not where they should be. AND they have a kids block on facebook. Boooooooooooo.
Now tomorrow is the beginning of the real experience. I'm terrified. AH!

2 comments:

  1. Waiting for your next post......MISS YOU.....from SULLLY and BOO and ROXIE

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!