Saturday, March 6, 2010

Pretty awesome...

My motivation for writing this is that I finally found an app so I can write blog posts from my iPod. What will they think of next.

Earlier this week, Leah, Jamie, and I volunteered at a retirement home near my house called Les Roseraies. We didn't really know what to expect and didn't really have any sort of game plan. When we arrived, we met two ladies who were excited to talk to us. One came prepared with an atlas and her first question was "Where are you from?". Amazingly enough, her daughter studied abroad in the US nearly fifty years ago in a wonderful little state up north called WISCONSIN!!!!!!!! Even cooler, she visited her daughter in Green Bay, which is where Leah is from (Bon, she comes from De Pere, close enough). It's rare to meet a français(e) who knows what Wisconsin is, much less meet someone who has actually been there! This lady was pretty crazy, she has been ALL over the world and has the photo albums to prove it. When her kids were all grown up and she was in her retirement, she decided to get out of France and see what was out there. At 66 she became a global explorer. She'd been to China, Alaska, Machu Pichu, India, Serbia, Egypt, Australia, she even went dog sledding in Canada. She's seen all corners of the planet, multiple times. Incroyable. Next Monday she said she'd get some little drinks and we could go through some of her albums. I am excited and extremely jealous!

Rennes is showing signs of spring, namely a little bit of sunshine. I played soccer today and it got me super excited for the warm weather to come!

COUNTDOWN TO BARCELONE: 5 days!!!!!!!!!!!

Bisous!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. Think you shouldnt have called it Preety Pointless

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the Final countdown!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mucho nicer...did you get to view the Fashion Show....hee hee...now you know one of your anonymouses

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katie! I've finally conquered this little bit of technology!! Woo Hoo!(so sad) Enjoyed your posts - would like to say it was like re-living my youth, but my youth was never this fun! Your photographs are wonderful - you really have an artist's eye. Take care - Hank's Mom

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!